The bathroom can be a dangerous place for kids. Safety is an important key element when remodeling a children’s bathroom.
Below are bathroom remodeling safety tips for babies and kids:
- Install No-Slip Strips on The Bottom of Your Bathtub: Installation of no-slip strips on the bottom of your bathroom helps prevent kid’s slips and falls. Consider covering the water faucets with cushion covers to prevent injury if your kids bump against it.
- Installation of toilet lid lock: This prevents kids from reaching into the toilet water.
- Adjust Your Water Heater to Prevent Scalding: It is best you turn down the temperature of your water heater to prevent kids getting burned from accidentally making the water too hot.
- Electrical Appliances: Every electrical outlet should be blocked with ground fault circuit interrupter outlets.
- Toiletry and Medicine Storage: Keeping all medicines and toiletries locked up is a way of not protecting kids from coming in contact with them because they can be harmful to them. So, therefore, when remodeling the bathroom toiletry and medicine storage should be built in such a way that it has a lock to avoid kids from touching the materials inside.
- When remodeling is ongoing, remember to place cushions around the tub spout as well as around edges and corners of cabinets to prevent cuts and bruises.
- Updating the bathroom floor: If your flooring has a slippery high-gloss finish, it is best to replace with nonslip floors such as tile with a matte finish.
- Relocate rings or bars: Keep these in reaching distance from the kids so they don’t have to reach too far and risk falling.
- Before installation of any water heater, look for ones with temperature control settings. This will ensure that the water temperature never reaches a dangerous heat.
A professional remodeling company will know how things need to be designed and placed to ensure a safe space for your children.